“We” are The Property Angel which is a trading name of Ask the Angel Ltd, our registered business address is: 329/8 South Gyle Road, Edinburgh EH12 9EE (company number SC513453). We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller; our registration number is ZA148642. If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our company address or via email at [email protected]; please mark any correspondence for the attention of the Privacy Manager.
We are committed to security, privacy and data protection when it comes to collecting, processing and storing personal information at The Property Angel. We will use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to look after any personal data which we handle. The purpose of this policy explains what you can expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of our services.
What personal data do we collect and how do we use it?
When you contact us or sign up to our services via our website, we may use personal information (such as your name email address, phone number and address/property details/living situation), which you have provided directly, so that our Property Angels can understand your property needs better, respond and communicate with you based on Legitimate Interests. Those Legitimate Interests are to enable us to provide an effective commercial service to you and help you with your property buying or selling requirements via our personal property experience call.
We may also keep in touch with you about relevant promotions, updates and services based on consent; you can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us or unsubscribing to withdraw your consent at any time.
Sharing your information
Following our Property Angel personal property experience call, and with your prior permission, we will share your information with relevant, trusted data processors and vetted UK based partners, such as: solicitors, mortgage brokers, conveyancers, utility companies or property services companies. This will be based on consent.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information; we encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
We will retain personal data in line with our retention schedule and will keep your personal data while we have an active engagement and not beyond a period of twelve months. If you request us to remove your details from our database, and providing there is no legal exemption, we will delete your data within seven working days.
If we ever transfer information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will make sure that it is protected and we will ensure the relevant safeguards are in place, for example: we will only transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA, as deemed by the European Commission, or transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield.
Data Subject rights and how to exercise them with The Property Angel
As the ‘data subject’ you have certain rights under Data Protection law and in relation to personal data we hold about you and depending on our reason for processing the information. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request. Details of these rights and how to exercise them:
• Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold, and to confirm the nature of the Information and how it is used
• Your right of rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies
• Your right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that Information we hold about you is erased
• Your right to object to or restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your information by contacting us at the address or email address set our in this notice. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your information for direct marketing purposes.
• Your right of data portability: This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to information of others without their consent. You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at the address or email address set out earlier in this notice. Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions; we will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR") and national laws implementing GDPR, such as the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 in the UK and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of personal data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate, this notice was last updated on 11th April 2019.